Monday, July 13, 2009

Swamp Swimming?!?

Good Morning Everyone! I am blogging from the home computer today as my Blackberry took a swim with Nala and Blue on our daily walk. True story...here it goes:

Toby, Blue, Nala and I walked our daily route through the footbridges, watersheds and the swamps...beautiful. I grabbed my Wag Bag today (our plain waist pack with no leash inside) and used our trainer hand held leash.

I stopped to stretch my hip, putting Nala's leash under my foot, except Blue and Toby kept going...and so did Nala. She ran to catch them, caught a glimpse of some ducks in the swamp, and against her normally rational judgement (haha), lept into the swamp.

Toby followed to help her out as the diving point of choice was a one foot drop into the water with no solid bed to get back out of. Think in-ground pool with no stairs. Not good. As Toby pulled Nala out, Blue wanted to join in the swimming fun and she too jumped in. My maternal instincts kicked in and guess what I did??? I JUMPED IN TOO!!! I pushed Blue's bum up, Toby pulled her paws out, and the family was safe and sound with an adventure to blog about, and some foul swampy smelling clothes and fur to prove it.

Now the question of the day is...would you have jumped in like me? Or stayed the 3 C's as Toby calls it from the swamp bed(calm, cool, and collected of course:) Let us know your stories:) Talk soon!

1 comment:

  1. Staying on land was definately the better choice. Panicking is not in my nature, and neither is swamp swimming!

    ReplyDelete