Chewing electrical wires is a favorite but dangerous hobby for many puppies. Even after your new best friend grows into adulthood they may still find exposed household wires irresistible.
We have listed possible solutions for you below to protect your puppy from harmful electrical wires:
1. Tape cords to the wall with electrical tape to help prevent your pet from gaining access to them.
2. Stow excess lengths of cord behind furniture hidden from your pet's view.
3. Block access to visible cords by wrapping flexible safety cable around them.
4. Place contact paper, sticky side up, in the general area of electrical cords to discourage your pet from approaching them.
5. Apply unpleasant-tasting substances to exposed cords. These could include bitter apple spray, hot-pepper sauce, menthol, toothpaste, mouthwash or lemon juice. Experiment with different flavors, since pets' taste aversions vary.
6. Have favorite toys available to distract your pet from the cords, and rotate toys every few days to prevent boredom.
Always remember the time tested Blue Paw Nation advice: A well exercised dog is a disciplined dog. Click here to make exercising with your dog easier.